About this course
You will learn to operate a 30 tonne John Deere 753H Single Grip Harvester with a 22 inch Warratha Head, and a 1410D Timberjack Forwarder. You will also learn how to segregate and sort logs. The NISTC forestry sector works closely with industry and forest managers to ensure you gain training in a workplace environment. This harvesting operations course enhances your knowledge and experience as an operator of forestry equipment in line with relevant state, national, and industry requirements.
What you learn
Operate a single grip harvester | Conduct forwarder operations | Segregate and sort logs | Machinery maintenance | Communications | Pre and post operational checks.
- must be over 16 years of age
- must have sufficient knowledge of the English language to perform your work safely
- must be medically fit.
What to bring
- Please bring original documentation for proof of identity. Photo ID is mandatory. Please bring Photo ID and green Medicare card for enrolment.
- You will also need to declare any medications that may affect you in the safe operation of machinery.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear: you will require steel capped boots, and long pants,
- Bring lunch and drink bottle each day.
Your hard hat and vest are supplied.
You will also need to arrange transport to the training area which may be up to 130 kilometres from Wodonga. Accommodation may also be required in some locations.
Course dates and duration
Course duration 10 days, depending on level of competence (weather conditions and fire restrictions may impact on the duration).
Time 8am-4.30pm | Dates Please contact the department for dates to suit your requirements.
Assessment comprises questioning, written, and practical components.
If you successfully complete this course, you receive a statement of attainment detailing the nationally accredited units.
Fees and charges
Please refer to our training schedule at http://www.nistc.com.au/training-schedule.aspx for the latest prices.
How to apply
Please apply direct to National Industrial Skills Training Centre.
For more information