Where this course may lead
Are you interested in sustainable living practices and the environment?
On successful completion of this qualification, you may find employment as a home sustainability assessor, where you conduct assessments and provide advice on how to improve the efficiency of heating and cooling, energy use, water use, and waste generation and management in homes.
Home sustainability assessors may provide the following services to householders, tenants, property managers, and others with an interest in residential property.
- Assessment of, and advice on how to improve:
- household energy and water use
- household waste generation and management
- the thermal performance of existing residences.
- Estimations of the cost of home sustainability measures.
- Promotion of home sustainability practices by residents.