Delivery method and course duration
This specialist course is generally delivered in your workplace. Attendance at Wodonga TAFE may be necessary for selected units.
Course duration depends on the qualification you have chosen.
- We recommend that you have basic language and literacy skills.
- For the Certificate III in Engineering - Technical (MEM30505), we recommend that you have Year 12 (or its equivalent) with an appropriate maths and science focus (a bridging program is available if you need it), or that you already have the Certificate III in Engineering in the production systems or mechanical trade streams.
- All courses are undertaken as traineeships or apprenticeships.
The level of competency you develop from your training will be assessed (usually at your workplace) using a combination from the following methods:
- Observation at work
- Observation in simulated environment (eg at TAFE)
- Project / assignment / activity
- Practical assessment
- Interview / oral questioning
- Portfolio of your work
- Third party (workplace) report.
Your teachers will provide you with more information on specific requirements at the start of each unit and they will assist with any support you may need.
Outcomes and accreditations
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an AQF qualification.